Thursday, June 11, 2009

Some Disassembly Required

I am going on a trip. I know that I have been talking, planning, and scheming about it for many months. 'I am going to Norway'...'Jei vil reise til norge'...Has been my mantra for months. Now the time is almost here only 14 more days, one fortnight, two weeks till I leave. I have a few things I still need to do, figure out how to get to New Jersey, say some final good-byes, sell some more things, decide to leave the handball and get a new one when I get there. These are gladly the most pressing issues in my life right now.

I have been slowly disassembling my life whether consciously or unconsciously for the past year. Having things fall away. My partner of four years left, I had to move out of my apartment of three years, sold my car of two, and left my job of one. It is a strange thing to disassemble your life piece by piece, year by year. I have to give major kudos to people who peel back the layers of decades. I am looking forward. I am going on a trip.





All the Hemispheres

Hafiz

Leave the familiar for a while.
Let your senses and bodies stretch out.

Like a welcomed season
Onto the meadows and shores and hills.

Open up to the Roof.
Make a new water-mark on your excitement
And love.

Like a blooming night flower,
Bestow your vital fragrance of happiness
And giving
Upon our intimate assembly.

Change rooms in your mind for a day.

All the hemispheres in existence
Lie beside an equator
In your heart.

Greet Yourself
In your thousand other forms
As you mount the hidden tide and travel
Back home.

All the hemispheres in heaven
Are sitting around a fire
Chatting

While stitching themselves together
Into the Great Circle inside of
You.

No comments: